Certified Marijuana Examiner's Course Requirements
Students are required to meet the following prerequisite before class attendance:
- Students must be able to distinguish colors to complete this course.
Students must bring a microscope, calibration check weights, a calibrated electronic balance, and test kits to class. Please reference the equipment list for further details.
- The microscope must have a reflective light source and the magnification must be in the range of 10X-40X.
- The calibration check weights should be ASTM Class 4 or better. The calibration check weights must be NIST traceable, with an appropriate label or accompanying paperwork.
- The balance must weigh in grams to at least 0.1 gram. The balance must be calibrated by an outside vendor within one year of its intended use, and calibration documents must be brought to class.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING 30 (3 BOXES) DUQUENOIS-LEVINE AND 30 (3 BOXES) FAST BLUE B (KN REAGENT) TEST KITS TO CLASS.
For your reference:
The GBI Crime Lab will periodically inspect the examiner location and setup. For more information on what is cover during those visits, please see our